- Entertain: Japan’s top cosplayer, Enako, to join the festival as Official Seika Cosplayer; Featured anime guests to share insights; Special collaboration between four anisong artistes during I LOVE ANISONG concerts
- Watch: Concert Films and Movie Screenings, including the South-east Asia premiere of Frame Arms Girl Movie and NEKOPARA, as well as C3AFASG19 exclusive concert screenings of Zombie Land Saga
- Play: Naruto x Boruto: Ninja Selection Exam, Auto Chess Tournament, Art Duel Regional Competition
- Experience: Experience Sword Art Online Alicization & That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime at Muse X Hakken! booths; MAPPA SHOW CASE – a BTS of creating their hit anime series; preview Kotobukiya’s prototype figurines slated for release in 2020
- Shop & Eat: New collection of C3AFA T-shirts and gaming chairs, and merchandise to be launched; Expanded Food Street with more than 10 stores
SINGAPORE, 30 October 2019 – From the latest Anime titles to Japan’s most popular cosplayer, expect only the best J-Culture experience and brace yourself for new surprises at C3 Anime Festival Asia Singapore 2019 (#C3AFASG19). Organisers of South East Asia’s biggest and most prestigious Japanese Pop Culture event shared extensive updates on festival and concert elements today, as well as a line-up of the anime industry’s behind-the-scenes talent who will grace the festival as guests.
With premiere screenings, day stage programmes, competitions and dedicated experiential zones, the three-day festival from 29 November to 1 December 2019 will be a celebration of the latest and best curated content and experiences for anime fans and Japanese pop culture enthusiasts.
Music lovers looking to attend the highly-popular I LOVE ANISONG Anime Music Festival can look forward to a special collaboration performance between four artistes – Ayaka Ohashi, Azusa Tadokoro, May’n and Minori Chihara on 1 December 2019.
Organisers announced its latest cosplay guest, Enako. Japan’s top cosplayer with a fan base worldwide, the multi-talented cosplayer is a voice actress as well and is frequently seen on TV and magazines. She will be the official Seika cosplayer for #C3AFASG19. Fans of Enako can also have a separate meet & greet session with her during the event. The guest cosplayer line-up includes Baozi & Hana, Hakken, Hikarin, Hiko, Hiroto, Mon, and Singaporean cosplayer Rithe.
The AFA Film Festival, held for the first time in conjunction with #C3AFASG19, will host a curated line-up of anime movie screenings and concert films. Titles include the first in Southeast Asia screening of the Frame Arms Girl Movie: Kyakkya Ufufu na Wonderland, a story of a school girl’s adventures with a petite autonomous robot. A special screening of CENCOROLL CONNECT, directed and animated by Atsuya Uki, will also be held. Concert films include popular supernatural idol girl group Zombie Land Saga LIVE: Franchouchou Minna de Orabou IN SAGA and ONE PIECE STAMPEDE.More details and more titles for the Film Festival will be shared closer to date.
AFA Day Stage: Spotlight on top Seiyuus and Industry Experts
Fans who are keen to glean insights from behind-the-scenes experts, from voice actors (seiyuu) to composers, will have a chance to hear directly from them at the Day Stage.
More than 10 seiyuus will take the stage including: Eriko Nakamura1, Saki Fujita1 (from YuruYuri), Satomi Arai (from A Certain Scientific Railgun T), Asami Tano1 (from Zombie Land Saga), Satoshi Tsuruoka (from Fate/Grand Order), Reina Ueda and Azumi Waki (from Null & Peta), Miho Okazaki and Chikahiro Kobayashi (from That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime), Ai Kayano and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (from Saekano the Movie: Finale and Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld).
Producers from MAPPA Manabu Otsuka and from CyGames Nobuhiro Takenaka, who worked on Zombie Land Saga franchise will also be at the event to share their experience.
Composer Hige Driver, who created songs for many popular games and anime from THE [email protected] CINDERELLA GIRLS, Tokyo 7th Sisters, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost, Azur Lane to hit Japanese animation like Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World, NEW GAME! will also be at #C3AFASG19’s Day Stage.
Fans of the popular humanoid cats game NEKOPARA will also get the chance to see the premiere of the first anime episode in C3AFASG19. Producers from the anime will also share insights on the upcoming TV anime. Besides that, fans will also be able to purchase official NEKOPARA merchandise, exclusively available in the exhibition area.
Exhibition Hall: Games, Experiences, Merchandise and more
With dedicated zones in the area, a multitude of experiences from gaming to competitions and exclusive merchandise await every festival-goers. Enjoy a delicious treat at the Food Street before diving back into the action.
Updates on the key zones include:
- AFA PLAY Zone: The new dedicated zone will include a Naruto x Boruto: Ninja Selection Exam, an escape room concept revolving around their iconic ninja exam featured in the anime. Players of all levels can take part in the Auto Chess tournament, a brand new, highly competitive multiplayer online strategy game by Drodo and Dragonest Co.Ltd. This is in addition to Art Duel, a regional competition where aspiring illustrators from different countries battle against one another. Finalists from each country are then invited to #C3AFASG19 for a one-on-one knockout competition, to decide the one true Art Duel Champion. Prizes are sponsored by XP Pen. More contents and activities to be announced soon!
- Akiba Stage: Aside from the much-anticipated annual Ikemen Series Standee Raffle, fans can also enjoy I’m Sora Project’s very first live stage performance at the Akiba Stage. Other programmes include a special autograph and photo session with Cosplayer Hiroto, the official Cosplayer for Ikemen Series.
- AFA Shop: For the first time, AFA Shop will release three capsule collections that can be pre-ordered prior to the event, through afashop.co. They include I Love Anisong 2019 Official Merchandise, C3AFA Singapore 2019 Official Merchandise: Fun Texts (3 t-shirt designs utilizing quirky Japanese-English fusion lingos), and AFA Airways merchandise. In addition, fans can expect an array of official anime and artiste merchandise, to be shared closer to date.
- Food Street: Expanded with more than 10 stores, the Food Street will take on a Japanese Matsuri theme. Festival-goers can look forward to a curated selection of food and drinks, ranging from Japanese cuisines by IPPUDO EXPRESS, Renga-ya and Sinful Cold Soba, to satisfying your trendy bubble tea needs with Tiger Sugar. Keep an eye out for the adorable Captain AFA-kun at all Tiger Sugar outlets!
- Muse X Hakken! Inaugural Themed Experiential Booths: Enter the digital world of Sword Art Online Alicization or take a step into the fantasy world of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Strike a pose with your favourite characters from this two featured anime. In addition, the first 1,500 visitors who visit the theme booth and like Hakken!’s Facebook page will receive a $2 off voucher for the Muse X Hakken! Retail Booth.
- For the first time outside Japan, MAPPA – Japan’s renowned animation studio – is bringing “MAPPA SHOW CASE” to C3AFA Singapore this year! Check out some of the exclusive behind-the-scenes gallery showcase featuring hit anime.
Exhibitors include CYBIRD, which has just released the English version of the hit Japanese smartphone game A3!. Manga fans can try JUMP’s free Manga App – MangaPlus By SHUEISHA, and check out exclusive anime goods and merchandise from Muse X Hakken! retail booth. BANDAI SPIRITS will present their latest Gunpla and plastic model kits from various anime titles and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment will exhibit a series of demos for their upcoming video game releases. Featured titles will be announced closer to the event date.
miHoYo will once again grace #C3AFASG19 with its ever-popular RPG game, Honkai Impact 3, bringing with them exclusive merchandise and official character cosplayers. If you are feeling lucky, try your luck at the Ichiban Kuji booth, a product by Bandai Spirits with sure-win tickets. The asobi! booth by Genesis Frontier will bring extraordinary experiences to visitors with various game demonstrations. Fans of Fate/Grand Order can check out the Aniplex booth to try out Fate/Grand Order Duel and purchase official merchandise. Kotobukiya will bring in prototype figurines that are slated for release in 2020, such as Ikemen Joker, Kimetsu no Yaiba, and Bishounen DC models. XP Pen, the official prize sponsor of Art Duel, will present their latest range of digital art tools for aspiring artists to try out. Royale Ergonomics will showcase its customisable range of gaming chairs, and has designed the Official Gaming Chair for #C3AFASG19 in conjunction with SOZO.
Mark Your Calendar for #C3AFASG19
#C3AFASG19 is a ticketed event, with tickets starting from SGD15 for exhibition access. Prior to #C3AFASG19 event days, VIP and GA I Love Anisong tickets can be purchased through the APACTix website at https://animefestival.asia/singapore19/tickets-2019/ .
During event days, tickets can be bought on site at Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre’s 3rd floor concourse for the “EXHIBITION ONLY” and “EXHIBITION + STAGE” tickets. Tickets for the “I LOVE ANISONG” (EXHIBITION + STAGE + CONCERT) can be purchased outside Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre’s Hall 404 on the 4th floor.
C3 Anime Festival Asia
Dates: 29 November – 1 December 2019
Location: Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre (Levels 3 & 4)
Exhibition Timing: 10 am ~ 8pm
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
C3 Anime Festival Asia Singapore Key Organiser Profiles:
About SOZO (www.sozo.sg)
Tapping on Japan’s diverse wealth of entertainment content since the company was started in 2009, SOZO has positioned itself to be the ‘bridge’, connecting Japan to SE Asia – by showcasing quality concerts, engaging retail experiences and creating meaningful online engagement to audiences and businesses across South East Asia.
With a presence across SE Asia in Singapore, Jakarta, Bangkok, Penang, Manila and Tokyo, SOZO is the owner and operator of ‘AFA – Anime Festival Asia’ brand internationally, as well as entertainment concert platforms such as ‘I Love Anisong’ and ‘JMF – Japan Music Festival’ Concert Event Series, which has consistently brought in top Japanese artists from Japan. SOZO also operates ‘WOW JAPAN’, SE Asia’s #1 Japanese Pop Culture focused media network, covering 3 languages with a reach of over 3 Million across South East Asia. For more information about SOZO, visit: www.sozo.sg.
About SOTSU (www.sotsu-co.jp/en/)
For Information about SOTSU please visit: www.sotsu-co.jp/en/
About C3 “Character, Culture and Contents”
Started by organiser SOTSU in 2001 in Tokyo with “Character, Culture and Contents” as its focus. Its strength lies in the many character goods manufacturers exhibiting at the event. In 2009, the event began its East-Asia expansion to Hong Kong, and reached Beijing in 2016.
About Zepp Live Inc. (http://www.zepplive.co.jp/)
Zepp Live Inc. business focuses on exhibition planning and production. Their services range from concert and event planning, promotion, production, booking agent, and tour management. They are also organizer or co-organizer of concerts and shows held at Zepp halls as well as large music festivals and concerts at other venues.
About HoriPro International (www.horipro-international.com)
Founded in June 2018 as a subsidiary of the
HoriPro Group, HoriPro International’s mission is the “creation of
world-class specialists.” Its main business areas include the scouting,
development, and management of celebrity talent, including musical artists and
voice acting professionals, and the production and management of intellectual
property branding and contents. While its primary focus is its talent
management business, HoriPro International actively invests and participates in
the production of Japanese animation content marketed both domestically and
internationally, and acts as event organizer for various Japanese
culture-related events worldwide, including fan meetings and conventions. As
the international division of the HoriPro talent management group, it markets
and develops HoriPro celebrity talent and artists on a global scale.
In July 2019, HoriPro International announced a partnership with the Japanese casting agency A3 to provide international casting services for Japanese celebrity talent looking to expand to the overseas market, as well as for international talent interested in working within the Japanese market. Through this and other services, HoriPro International aims to support not only the development of its own artists and entertainers, but all those interested in bringing their talent to the world.
For more details, please visit: www.horipro-international.com